Author Topic: regularization of employees  (Read 524 times)

Offline bookworm

regularization of employees
« on: January 19, 2022, 07:16:07 pm »
In my country, newly hired employees are normally under observation in their first six months, and that is called the probationary period. They can be easily terminated for certain misdemeanors within that period.

If they pass that stage, they become regular employees on their 6th month until they resign or retire, depending on what's stipulated in the contract. Once regularized, they are protected by law and it is hard to terminate them, as there are certain procedures to be followed.

When I looked up the word regularization in the dictionary, I'm not sure if it is also applied to employees in other countries like the UK, US, etc. The following statements are commonly heard or read in the corporate world here:

Upon regularization, you will be entitled to the following benefits: health card, sick/vacation leaves, etc.
   I'm sure you will be regularized in six months since your performance is very satisfactory.

Do you also use the highlighted words in this situation? If not, can you briefly explain the system in your region.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 07:18:26 pm by bookworm »
English is my second language.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • In the heart of Shropshire
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
Re: regularization of employees
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 09:59:18 am »
We would probably talk about a trial or, perhaps, probationary period.

After your trial period you will be entitled to the following benefits: health card, sick/vacation leaves, etc.
I'm sure you will complete your trial period in six months since your performance is very satisfactory.
Best wishes,

Duncan