Author Topic: The Museums Of Manchester.  (Read 830 times)

Offline vroda

The Museums Of Manchester.
« on: August 11, 2019, 04:39:59 pm »
The Museums Of Manchester.
Lovers of antiquity will be delighted by Castlefield archaeological Park with ruins of the ancient Roman settlement Mamucium and natural science Museum with the dinosaur bones. There is also a Museum of science and industry, which has a lot of different expositions, including the railway.

Fans of the elegant are recommended to see the exhibition of the Art gallery "Whitworth" and the City art gallery, as well as look into the Museum of the history of costume. It will be difficult to pass by the modernist building of the Military Museum, whose architecture has earned many awards.

Other interesting museums include the bridge street Museum of human history (next to it is the Manchester civic center, nicknamed the "filing Cabinet" by locals, and the statue of the dove of peace, symbolizing Manchester's rejection of the nuclear industry); the modern Manchester Museum "Urbis", which will soon be "converted" into the national football Museum; Manchester Jewish Museum — founded in the building of the old Spanish-Portuguese synagogue, which was once the center of the Jewish quarter, the Museum tells the story of the numerous Jewish Diaspora in Manchester.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:50:25 am by Darryl »

Offline Rotomir

Re: The Museums Of Manchester.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:24 pm »
I live in London and also want to fly to Manchester. I heard that there are such resources where you can get tickets at a cheaper price. I would like to get ready for the trip and book early flights. Friends advised lowcost.club to buy tickets. What do you think.

Offline sapog

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:51 am »
From London to Manchester can be reached by train. This will be cheaper
 But overall travel is all worth the money. Air travel and accommodation cost a lot. This is if you want to travel in comfort especially. I like traveling too. But in order to realize my dream, I changed my job. I found a job with a higher salary. Now I'm collecting money for a trip to Mexico.

Edit: no advertising! Britta
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:23:25 am by Britta »

Offline nika23

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 07:39:42 am »
The choice of airline tickets online has many advantages: it is an opportunity to book and buy tickets without leaving your home, in a relaxed atmosphere. Thus, the client can, without rushing, evaluate all the opportunities provided by the ticket service. On the site, as a rule, there are many options presented, how to get to your destination, as well as special offers that make traveling cheaper.

Offline Fredda

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:58:54 am »
I agree with you in Manchester there is something to see, including numerous museums. One of the main attractions is the Museum of Transport, which aims to preserve rare examples of the automotive industry as well as the development of the transport industry in the city and the metropolitan area of ​​Northwest England. The museum exposition is one of the largest in the UK; its feature is the inconsistent composition of the samples. I would also mention the Imperial War Museum of the North, which is one of the five branches of the London Museum of the same name. Here is a large exposition on the theme of the First and Second World Wars and also military conflicts of the Cold War period.
The museum was built in the part of England that suffered most from the German bombing. The inhabitants of Manchester felt for themselves all the horrors of the war, which is probably why the museum’s exposition not only narrates, but also addresses people's souls to their feelings. The main purpose of the exposition is to show the destructive effect of wars on the human person. There are practically no glass skyscrapers in the city, and many houses are built of red brick or gray marble. Outwardly, the city looks like a postcard and traveling on it is quite convenient.
In Manchester, the cost of travel by public transport depends on the travel distance. I often visit this city because the distance from London to Manchester is only 330 kilometers and you can fly this distance quickly and conveniently by plane. Moreover, I learned to find cheap tickets for a long time and the trip is cheap for me. The saved money just gives the opportunity to excursions to the beautiful places of Manchester.

Edit: no advertising
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:23:19 am by Britta »

Offline Alan29

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 01:35:03 pm »
Recently we were in Singapore. Booked cheap flights from London to Manchester, flew to spend a good weekend. We booked 2 hours for children at Manchester Flip Out. 2 hours is too much, because for children the zones were limited. Several areas were closed due to staff shortages or during construction. The areas that were accessible to children were tired of children and quickly passed. Only the staff in the cafe were friendly. The rest of the front desk staff needs customer service skills. Most had a bad attitude and lacked communication skills. In addition, children on a trampoline stopped children at those moments when they themselves wanted to do "tricks".

Offline liza

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 08:17:50 pm »
it's not a pleasant situation. I did not have to meet with such as I try not to stay long at the airport. I still more interested in the question about the purchase of tickets. is it possible to constantly take the most favorable air tickets on one resource.