Author Topic: Need Good Thoughts  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Darryl

• Administrator
  • Far North Queensland, Australia
Re: Need Good Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 10:21:04 am »
Bertha, I was just reading some comments on a blacksmith site. There are a few people in OK who are doing it tough at present. This is a comment from a bloke in Bradley, Oklahoma, which I think may be near you.
I guess you know how he feels:
Rain, rain, rain, rain.................and more rain.  So sick and tired of it.  Got an inch and a half of rain in about a 20 minute period this morning.  A little hail and a lot of wind.  We are so sick of the rain.  Did I mention we are sick of it?  I've got trees on the property that are falling over because the ground is too wet.  Had to tie a 20 year old Scarlet Redbud tree to a couple of other trees this afternoon to stabilize it.  We've had 55 inches in the last 365 days.................far above out average rainfall.  I've got a guy coming to cut down a rather large tree that's threatening our house and he can't get too it with his cherry picker because the ground is too soft.  Don't know if things will ever dry out.  On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen Oklahoma so green in June!  (remember, we are "dust bowl" country) 

Offline Bertha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 01:23:01 pm »
Yes, I think we've had our quota of rain for a couple of years.  Lots of green stuff everywhere. The lawn mowers have a hard time, though, because the grass is so thick and tall in some cases.  In my own yard, I have an area that is slower to dry out after so much rain, so it gets rather marshy.  When I walk through there, it's squishy underfoot. 

Oh, yes, there are several metalworker artists around.  I looked for Bradley, OK on the map, and it's probably 40 miles south of where I live in Oklahoma City.  There are many little towns in OK that I never heard of, and Bradley is one, which is surprising, since it's "fairly" close.  I've been to several of the nearby towns such as Chickasha and Purcell.
Bertha

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Director at Lydbury English Centre Ltd
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:26:03 am »
We have flooded roads round here at the moment and are having to find ways round.
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker
http://www.lydbury.co.uk

Offline Bertha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 12:24:45 pm »
We have flooded roads round here at the moment and are having to find ways round.

Oh, my.  With all the weather issues we have here in the US, we seldom hear about those in many other countries.  Are you having higher than normal temperatures? 
Bertha

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Director at Lydbury English Centre Ltd
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 12:57:51 pm »
No - much lower than we should have in June
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker
http://www.lydbury.co.uk

Offline Bertha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 12:42:50 pm »
We had a humdinger of a storm front last night. The wind gusted high. When I went out to assess any damages, I found a tree limb down in the front yard and all three large trash bins on their sides with water in them.  I pulled the limb away from the house and emptied the water out before uprighting the bins and replacing them in their places.  Fun times.
Bertha