Author Topic: A new pursuit  (Read 272 times)

Offline JTL

A new pursuit
« on: June 10, 2019, 01:36:53 am »
Thank you Bertha for showing us this terse poem by William Carlos Williams

The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens

I think the part about the white chickens really dot the eyes of the dragon, as the Chinese idiom goes.
(story behind the idiom: An artist drew a dragon, and it was very well done,  but when he added the dots for the eyes, the dragon came alive.)

If there are some things for me to pursue at this age, the ability to express an idea tersely is one of them.  Learning to write simple poems would be a way to achieve that, I believe.

I recently created a digital picture using an app called Procreate.  This app cost me only about 10 USD and I had it downloaded to my iPad mini, which was all I had that could be used with that app. Without the Apple pencil, nor a bigger screen, I could only come up with something coarse drawn directly with my finger.

So I drew a duck! Can you tell my fondness over chickens and ducks etc? 
I also thought up a few words to go with the pic, and naively called them a poem too.
What's more, I found the most suitable music to accompany all this.

Here you are, the music, my pic and my "poem".
(Picture best viewed with the music on! ) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVm6ZEQt71c

Twilight zone
Twilight tone
Little black duck
Swimming alone
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 07:42:49 am by JTL »

Offline JTL

Re: A new pursuit
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 01:43:49 am »
I must say here that I don't know what the lyrics of the song are; I catch only the word twilight.

Offline t k

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:37:26 am »
Where is the picture?  --- tk

Offline JTL

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:11:09 am »
KK,doesn't my picture show?  If not, can you please tell me where to upload a picture so that it can display here.  Thank you.

Offline t k

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 03:54:26 am »
JTL ---  I cannot find the web-page that explains it, so here's what I did.  I hope my direction is good enough.  --- tk

At Google Photos site
1. click on the photo that is to be posted (the selected photo shows by itself at the center of the "window")
2. click on "share" button (the first one on the top right corner of the page with two lines connecting three tiny circles)
3. click on "create link" button (the second one on the bottom)
4. click on "copy" button (to copy the url)
5. paste the url on the url space of the "window" and press "return" (then the same photo appears at a little shifted position)
6. click on the photo (then the photo centers itself on the "window")
7. right-click on the photo and select "Copy image address" (to copy the url of the image)
8. paste the url on your post using "Insert Image" button (the url is quite lengthy covering multiple lines)

Offline JTL

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:43:48 am »
KK, thank you so much for such a detailed and accurate instruction!  Can you see the picture now?

Offline t k

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:01 am »
Yes, nice picture indeed.  Thanks.  --- tk