Author Topic: The builders' sandwiches  (Read 486 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Director at Lydbury English Centre Ltd
    • Lydbury English Centre Ltd
The builders' sandwiches
« on: July 16, 2018, 07:02:25 pm »
There were three builders; one English, one Scots and one Irish.
One day they were sat upon the scaffolding about to partake of their "bait".
The English builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh No! Not Tuna again: if I have Tuna sandwiches again tomorrow, I shall throw myself off the scaffolding".
The Scots builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh No! Not Ham again: if I have Ham sandwiches again tomorrow, I shall throw myself off the scaffolding".
The Irish builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh No! Not Cheese again: if I have Cheese sandwiches again tomorrow, I shall throw myself off the scaffolding".
Next day there were three builders; one English, one Scots and one Irish sat upon the scaffolding about to partake of their "bait".
The English builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh Great! I have egg sandwiches; I shall not throw myself off the scaffolding".
The Scots builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh Great! I have corned beef sandwiches, I shall not throw myself off the scaffolding".
The Irish builder looked into his sandwich and cried "Oh No! Not Cheese again." And threw himself off the scaffolding".
The English man and the Scot went round to the Irish man's house to condole his Mrs. To cut a long story short, they told her what had happened.
The Mrs, through her tears, stuttered: "I can't understand it, he always made his own sandwiches."
Best wishes,

Duncan Baker
http://www.lydbury.co.uk

Offline Bertha

• Global Moderator
Re: The builders' sandwiches
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 11:56:42 am »
 ::) ::) ::) ::)
Bertha