Technical > Technical

Small problem when logging in

<< < (2/4) > >>

Britta:
I'm using IE8 in the office and Firefox at home. I never ever let a browser save my password for any site. Much too dangerous for my taste.

--- Quote ---I have the defaults set to delete everything when I close my internet sessions
--- End quote ---

Good choice from a safety point of view. I do the same at work.

As for login: On my screen the fields are black on a grey background, they also give a slight 3D impression and I find them OK.

Perhaps, Dave, you could play around with your colour settings? I use 32bit. Do you have a flat screen or one of the old big ones? Also worth trying: increase the brightness. Most screens get darker with age and one needs to adjust the brightness setting from time to time.

Britta:
On second thought... I do have a problem with login. In about 30% of the cases it doesn't accept my login name and password in said black fields and pops up the error message anyway. I then enter the same data again and it works fine.

admin:
Don't know. In Chrome, the log in  boxes have an orange border and it always (touch wood) works first tme for me if I log out and then try to log back in.

admin:
Just another thought... if you log in from the main menu (the horizontal black bar on the orange background) you can select to stay logged in.

davel:
Thanks everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here very much of late.

I have the same colours and boxes that Britta showed. I usually check this site from work, where I have a fairly new monitor. I am using IE8. At home, I alternate between laptops and desktop PC, with a variety of versions of IE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version